JOIN PROBUS TODAY!
AUS: 1300 630 488    NZ: 0800 1477 6287

GENERAL MEETING – 15th March 2022

MINUTES PRESENT:

Clare and Steen Andersen, Roy Axelsen, Lois Beckwith, Cate and Paul Bowman, Ann and David Brown, Anne Bryan, Allan Cameron, Alison Christie, Marilyn and John Christie, Don Collins, Kevin Eggins, Gerard Gelston, Brian Holloway, Michael Horne, Charlie Keane, Allan Lane, Annette Lord, Maree and Peter Matanle, Geoff McLennan, Wayne Richardson, Marc Smith, Tina Te

APOLOGIES:

Maureen Bennett, Phil Bryan, Gillian and John Robertson GUEST: Bernie Lee

BIRTHDAYS:

cards presented to Steen Andersen, Cate Bowman, Marilyn Christie and Annette Lord

MINUTES: of the meeting on 15th February accepted as circulated. Moved: M. Horne, Sec: J. Christie. Carried

BUSINESS ARISING:

1. Hearing loop – deferred to next meeting 2. Maree will be the contact for articles in the Meander Valley Gazette. Clare Andersen offered to assist with the preparation of occasional articles. 3. Geoff McLennan to be the contact for publicity with Meander Valley FM radio station.

CORRESPONDENCE:

• Inward: Bendigo Bank monthly statements • Outward: nil

TREASURER’S REPORT:

showing a current balance of $1,127.93. (One un-presented cheque for $71.95). Moved: B. Holloway/Sec: P. Bowman – that the Treasurer’s Report be accepted. Carried

2 Accounts for payment: (1) Deloraine Rotary Club for room hire, (2) Australia Post box rental. Moved: B. Holloway/Sec: J. Christie – that the accounts for payment be approved and PO box be renewed. Carried.

SOCIAL MEETINGS:

• Anne Bryan reported on the last morning tea at 41 Degrees South. • Next morning tea on 5th April to be at Van Diemen’s Land Creamery at 11am. Details will be confirmed by email.

GENERAL BUSINESS:

• Paul Bowman provided some insights into the correct use of the English language.

GUEST SPEAKER:

After morning tea, Lois Beckwith showed some of her videos which had been downloaded from the internet during the COVID lockdown. Cats, monkeys and other cute pets were featured!

NEXT GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday 19th April 2022 at 10am

DELORAINE PROBUS CLUB GENERAL MEETING – 19th April 2022

MINUTES PRESENT:

Clare and Steen Andersen, Roy Axelsen, Lois Beckwith, Cate and Paul Bowman, Ann and David Brown, Allan Cameron, Alison Christie, Marilyn and John Christie, Don Collins, Gerard Gelston, Brian Holloway, Michael Horne, Charlie Keane, Cindy Knight, Allan Lane, Annette Lord, Maree and Peter Matanle, Geoff McLennan, Wayne Richardson, Tina Te, Gillian and John Robertson

APOLOGIES:

Anne and Phil Bryan, Kevin Eggins, Marc Smith GUESTS: Bernie Lee, Maureen Cameron, Belinda Lee Cervantes BIRTHDAYS: cards presented to David Brown and Cindy Knight

MINUTES:   of the meeting on 15th March as circulated accepted. Moved: M. Horne/Sec: G. McLennan Carried

BUSINESS ARISING: 1. Hearing loop for the Ian Knight Room – deferred to next meeting. 2. Maree to contact the new editor of the Meander Valley Gazette once this appointment is confirmed. 3. Publicity with the Meander Valley FM radio station – deferred to next meeting.

CORRESPONDENCE:

• Inward: (1) Bendigo Bank monthly statement, (2) from PSPL re travel insurance (published in the April Club Bulletin) and new Travel Handbooks. One copy now with Lois Beckwith. • Outward: nil

TREASURER’S REPORT:

showing a current balance of $1,071.98. Moved: B. Holloway/Sec: P. Bowman – that the Treasurer’s Report be accepted. Carried

2 Accounts for payment:

(1) Deloraine Rotary Club for room hire, (2) re-imbursements for ANZAC wreath, postage, name badges, morning tea supplies and (3) annual capitation of $15/club member to PSPL. Moved: B. Holloway/Sec: A. Christie – that the accounts for payment be approved. Carried.

SOCIAL MEETINGS:

• Next morning tea on 3rd May to be at Van Diemen’s Land Creamery at 11am. Pre-order sheet circulated at the meeting. • A function in June to celebrate Club members with ‘significant birthdays’ this year. • A ‘Christmas in July’ function to be planned, with details at the next meeting. • Options for a future excursion by bus or carpool were discussed.

GENERAL BUSINESS:

• Maree to lay a wreath from Probus on ANZAC Day. • Secretary to complete the Annual Return to PSPL by the end of April. • Maree, Marilyn Christie and Geoff McLennan plan to attend the Probus Information Day in Launceston on 5th May.

NEXT GENERAL MEETING:

Tuesday 17th May at 10am. GUEST SPEAKER: After morning tea, Marilyn Taylor talked about her former work at Ashley Home, including success stories of boys who had improved their lives and still keep in touch with her. Marilyn donated a comfort blanket which had been made for boys attending camps in earlier years.

Maree proposed the vote of thanks.

DELORAINE PROBUS CLUB

GENERAL MEETING – 17th May 2022

MINUTES

President Maree welcomed members and guests and provided an update on Peter’s health.

PRESENT:  Clare and Steen Andersen, Roy Axelsen, Lois Beckwith, Cate and Paul Bowman, Anne and Phil Bryan, Allan Cameron, Marilyn and John Christie, Don Collins, Gerard Gelston, Brian Holloway, Michael Horne, Charlie Keane, Cindy Knight, Annette Lord, Maree Matanle, Geoff McLennan, Wayne Richardson, Tina Te, Kevin Eggins, Marc Smith, Maureen Bennett 

APOLOGIES:  Alan Lane, Peter Matanle, Ann and David Brown, Gillian and John Robertson

GUEST:  Belinda Lee Cervantes

INDUCTIONS:          President Maree welcomed two new members - Maureen Cameron and Bernie Lee and presented their Probus Passports and name badges.

BIRTHDAYS:   cards presented to Maureen Bennett and Wayne Richardson

MINUTES:     of the meeting on 19th April 2022, as circulated, were accepted.                                          Moved: M. Horne/Sec: M. Christie.   Carried

BUSINESS ARISING:

  1. Possible hearing loop  for the Ian Knight Room – Marc Smith agreed to follow up this item.

  2. Meander Valley FM radio station.  Geoff McLennan and Lois Beckwith be the contacts with the station, to provide Deloraine Probus Club information as required.  Carried

  3. Maree had laid a wreath on behalf of the Probus Club at the ANZAC Service in Deloraine. 

  4. A reminder that annual subs are now due.

  5. PSPL Information Day.  Due to health issues, neither Maree nor Marilyn were able to attend this session in Launceston on the 5th May.  The presentations from the day are now available on the internet.

CORRESPONDENCE:        

  • Inward :           (1) Bendigo Bank monthly statement, (2) Menzies Research                            Institute newsletter, (3) PSPL Information Day follow up.

  • Outward:        Annual return to PSPL, including capitation fees for 37 members.

 

TREASURER’S REPORT:  showing a current balance of $1,684.42. (One outstanding cheque for $555.) 

Moved: B. Holloway/Sec: A. Bryan  – that the Treasurer’s Report be accepted.  Carried

Accounts for payment:   (1) Deloraine Rotary Club for room hire, (2) re-imbursements for name badges and morning tea supplies.

Moved: B. Holloway/Sec: M. Bennett  – that the accounts for payment be approved.  Carried.

SOCIAL MEETINGS:

  • Anne Bryan gave a report on the May morning tea at the Van Diemen’s Creamery.

  • Next morning tea at the Deloraine Deli on Tuesday 7th June at 11 am.   

  • At the Club Meeting in June, ‘significant birthdays’ in 2022 will be celebrated.

  • A ‘Christmas in July’ function is planned for Tuesday 19th July at Settler’s Restaurant, starting at 11:30 am. A short business session followed by a guest speaker, lunch and entertainment.  Guests will be most welcome.

GUEST SPEAKERS: Lois Beckwith listed the future guest speakers that she has arranged.   Where possible, guest speakers will be advised in advance in the Club Bulletin.       

GENERAL BUSINESS:

  • Vice-President Marilyn advised that she would not be standing for President in 2023.

  • Members were asked to complete their emergency contact details and to advise any changes if needed. 

GUEST SPEAKERS:

After morning tea, Geoff McLennan, Tina Te, Don Collins and Belinda Lee Cervantes spoke about life in the Philippines and the experiences of ex-patriates in Australia, and also spoke about their travels elsewhere in the world.

Geoff offered to arrange a future group tour to the Philippines if there was interest from Probus Club members.

NEXT GENERAL MEETING:   Tuesday 21st June at 10am

GENERAL MEETING – 19th April 2022

MINUTES

PRESENT: Clare and Steen Andersen, Roy Axelsen, Lois Beckwith, Cate and Paul Bowman, Annand David Brown, Allan Cameron, Alison Christie, Marilyn and John Christie, Don Collins, GerardGelston, Brian Holloway, Michael Horne, Charlie Keane, Cindy Knight, Allan Lane, Annette Lord,Maree and Peter Matanle, Geoff McLennan, Wayne Richardson, Tina Te, Gillian and JohnRobertson

APOLOGIES:

Anne and Phil Bryan, Kevin Eggins, Marc SmithGUESTS: Bernie Lee, Maureen Cameron, Belinda Lee Cervantes

BIRTHDAYS:

cards presented to David Brown and Cindy Knight

MINUTES: of the meeting on 15th March as circulated accepted.Moved: M. Horne/Sec: G. McLennan Carried

BUSINESS ARISING:

1. Hearing loop for the Ian Knight Room – deferred to next meeting.

2. Maree to contact the new editor of the Meander Valley Gazette once this appointmentis confirmed.

3. Publicity with the Meander Valley FM radio station – deferred to next meeting.

CORRESPONDENCE:

• Inward : (1) Bendigo Bank monthly statement, (2) from PSPL re travelinsurance (published in the April Club Bulletin) and new Travel Handbooks. Onecopy now with Lois Beckwith.

• Outward: nil

TREASURER’S REPORT: showing a current balance of $1,071.98.Moved: B. Holloway/Sec: P. Bowman – that the Treasurer’s Report be accepted. Carried

2Accounts for payment: (1) Deloraine Rotary Club for room hire, (2) re-imbursements forANZAC wreath, postage, name badges, morning tea supplies and (3) annual capitation of$15/club member to PSPL.Moved: B. Holloway/Sec: A. Christie – that the accounts for payment be approved. Carried.

SOCIAL MEETINGS:

• Next morning tea on 3rd May to be at Van Diemen’s Land Creamery at 11am. Pre-ordersheet circulated at the meeting.

• A function in June to celebrate Club members with ‘significant birthdays’ this year.

• A ‘Christmas in July’ function to be planned, with details at the next meeting.

• Options for a future excursion by bus or carpool were discussed.GENERAL BUSINESS:

• Maree to lay a wreath from Probus on ANZAC Day

.• Secretary to complete the Annual Return to PSPL by the end of April.

• Maree, Marilyn Christie and Geoff McLennan plan to attend the ProbusInformation Day in Launceston on 5th May.

NEXT GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday 17th May at 10am.

GUEST SPEAKER:

After morning tea, Marilyn Taylor talked about her former work at Ashley Home, includingsuccess stories of boys who had improved their lives and still keep in touch with her. Marilyn donated a comfort blanket which had been made for boys attending camps in earlier years.

Maree proposed the vote of thanks.